Have you been sleeping on the same mattress for a long time? Generally speaking, mattresses should be replaced around every six to eight years, though this time period can vary. Either way, if your mattress has started to become uncomfortable, you may need a new one.
Many people don’t realize this, but there are many negative health effects to sleeping on a bad mattress. Read on to learn about the many reasons it’s better for your health to invest in a good mattress:
- Better mattress, better sleep: We all know the importance of a good night’s sleep. It leaves you feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead. Not only that, but a good night’s sleep helps prevent fatigue, irritability, mood changes and other symptoms of sleep deprivation. A bad mattress can easily contribute to a lack of sleep. You can avoid many of these issues by investing in a good mattress for your bedroom.
- Old mattresses can be unhygienic: People can sweat a lot during their sleep. So, a mattress that’s over 10 years old has been collecting sweat for at least a decade. The moisture from sweat could lead to the growth of mold, which is terrible for one’s health. Not only is mold a potential issue with old mattresses, but so are dust mites. The presence of dust mites is usually due to large collections of dead skin cells, which can easily build up on a mattress over the years. Dust mites are a major issue, especially for those who suffer from allergies.
- Bad mattresses contribute to back pain: Have you been experiencing back pain lately? The problem could be that old mattress. Over time, your back pain will only get worse if you keep sleeping on a bad mattress. This can also contribute to lack of sleep and daytime fatigue. Plus, back pain can lead to expensive medical bills. You could be saving yourself a lot of money and pain by investing in a good mattress.
- High blood pressure and weight gain: Not many people realize how terrible a bad night’s sleep is for your health. Poor sleep can even lead to high blood pressure issues. This is because proper sleep reduces your blood pressure to normal levels. If you aren’t getting the right amount of sleep, these blood pressure issues could lead to major heart problems. Another possible side effect of improper sleep is weight gain. A good night’s sleep helps maintain your metabolism. If you aren’t getting enough sleep, your metabolism might slow down, causing weight gain.
- Other health issues: There are plenty of other health problems that can arise from lack of sleep. Depression, memory loss and lack of awareness are all possible side effects. Don’t risk your health—consider purchasing a good mattress now.
As you can see, there are many reasons to invest in a good mattress. A bad mattress can make many aspects of your daily life much more difficult and unpleasant. If you’re interested in purchasing a new mattress, come check out the great selection available at Yamada Furniture.
Categorised in: Mattress Store
This post was written by Writer