If you’re just moving into a new home or simply trying to make some new decorative decisions in your existing space, sooner or later you’re going to have to address the state of your furniture. You can always reupholster or shift things around to get a different look, or even buy new pillows and blankets to change things up, but sometimes you can’t avoid the fact that you’re just going to need to buy new furniture in Hilo, HI. Furniture shopping can be a stressful and uncertain time, but we take pride in the shopping experience at Yamada Furniture being a bit different. Today we’d like to provide some examples of missteps we see customers make, which you can avoid when you start shopping:
- Measure twice… then measure again: The old adage is “measure twice, cut once,” and it’s meant to minimize construction mistakes and waste. With furniture, we really can’t emphasize enough that you need to measure your rooms and the pieces you’re looking at more than once or twice. Many customers have come back to us claiming things “didn’t fit,” when in reality they just hadn’t measured properly. Also, don’t forget to measure any doorways or elevators through which your new pieces might have to pass!
- Think about matching: Let’s say you found your dream couch while shopping for new furniture in Hilo, HI. Don’t purchase it just yet—think about the other furniture in the intended room and how it will match. You can also ask our employees for a swatch of the material to bring home and see for yourself how the colors will match up.
- Consider your lifestyle: If you have kids and/or pets and haven’t bought furniture since you were a single person living alone, then it’s time to think about how your priorities have changed. That silk or velour couch that might have looked great in your bachelor pad might not be so great with Fido, or with juice boxes on seemingly every surface, so choose accordingly!
- Stick to your numbers: Thinking about what you can afford for new furniture in Hilo, HI is a personal decision that’s really none of our business—our salespeople won’t try to upsell you. But you want to be certain that you stick to your budget once you’ve established it—the momentary joy of buying a dream piece is not worth the agony of credit card debt or depleted savings.
- Take your time: Related to the previous point, don’t rush your decision, especially if you can’t find the exact piece in your price range. It takes time to find the right furniture, so don’t rush this process! We are always getting new inventory for you to check out.
- Consider cleaning and maintenance: This is self-explanatory—you don’t want to have a white couch if you have a big water dog, for example. You will spend all of your time cleaning, and eventually the dog will win and you will be left with a couch that looks like it’s seen better days.
Furniture purchasing takes time and discipline, but the thrill of the hunt is what keeps us excited about working with our customers. Stop by Yamada Furniture anytime to check out our wide selection of new furniture in Hilo, HI!
Categorised in: New Furniture
This post was written by Writer