Area rugs can really tie the design of a room together, so long as you select the right rug. If you’re interested in using a “statement rug” in your home in Hilo, HI, it’s important you understand how best to choose proportions, designs, colors and other elements.
Here are just a few tips for you to keep in mind as you work to pick out the ideal rug for your home:
- Vintage: Rugs with an authentic vintage appearance can be quite attractive without drawing too much attention. They tend to feature traditional patterns with a “distressed” or faded appearance. This helps to create a very lived-in sort of vibe that can warm up a space and make your house feel like a home. These kinds of rugs can be used all over the house, but are becoming especially popular lately in kitchens and bathrooms, where you wouldn’t traditionally have seen these kinds of rugs in the past.
- Neutral tones: Neutral tones for your rugs are a good idea if you have bold colors on the walls. Going with a bold-colored carpet when you already have a deep color on the wall might end up being a bit overwhelming to the eyes, so you can create a bit more balance in your room with a neutral-toned rug to help bring the room together.
- Bold choices: There are some circumstances in which bold can be beautiful. Bold colors, textures and designs can be a great choice for certain types of rooms, so long as you have the décor and designs to match. Generally, you’re going to want to have neutral-colored walls if you choose an especially bold type of rug, as you will otherwise risk overwhelming the senses a bit.
- Layering: If you have multiple rugs you’d like to use in a single room, you can experiment with a bit of layering. Say, for example, you have a smaller rug that you’d really like to place in a larger room—you can try layering it on top of another rug to fill the space. This can also help you tone down an especially bold-patterned rug a bit, or bring some more neutral tones into the room. Layering rugs can help you provide a great mix of textures and colors that makes a room more visually appealing.
- Minimalism: Don’t be afraid to go a bit minimalistic with your rug selection, especially if you already have a unique design or color palette in your room. Minimalism helps you avoid selecting a rug that clashes with your existing palette and design, while still giving a bit more visual interest to the space.
These are just a few examples of some of the issues you can keep in mind as you look for a statement rug in Hilo, HI that will go perfectly in your living room, bedroom or any other room in your home. For more information about how you can select a rug that fits your home, reach out to the team at Yamada Furniture today.
Categorised in: Area Rugs
This post was written by Writer