If yours is like many other families, the couch is one of the most popular pieces of furniture in your home. It’s where you gather to hang out with your loved ones, relax, read a book or watch some TV. As you can imagine, all of that usage means that it’s not going to last forever. Your couch in Hilo, HI will eventually need to be replaced with a brand new one.
However, unless it’s falling apart completely, determining when it’s time for a new sofa can be a bit tricky. If you’re wondering whether it’s time to replace that old couch, keep reading. This post will teach you about a few of the many signs that it’s time to visit a furniture store and pick out a new couch:
- Seating is scarce: Is your family growing? Do some of your family members have to lay on the floor because there’s no room on the sofa? If this sounds like your family, it’s time to start looking for a new sofa. Everyone in your home should have a place to relax on the couch, so come down to our showroom today and check out our wide selection of spacious sofas.
- There’s no support: Having a place to sit is crucial, but nobody is going to be happy if that seat has no lumbar support or the cushions are flat or uncomfortably lumpy. Your couch is bound to lose some of its support and cushioning over the years, and when that happens, be sure to be proactive and buy a new one. Getting a brand-new, comfortable couch is an easy way to ensure everyone in your family is happy.
- Too much wear and tear: As mentioned above, your couch will lose cushioning as time goes on. It’ll also show other signs of wear and tear, including stains, fraying, fading and scratches on the legs. Some of these issues can be repaired, but often, it’s best to just replace the couch.
- It’s starting to smell: Unless you’re extremely careful, upholstery couches tend to develop an odor as they age, especially if you have kids or pets. Scrubbing, vacuuming and spraying it down with Febreze can be short-term solutions, but unless you replace the piece, that stench will never truly go away. Instead of living with a stinky couch, simply replace it today!
- You’re redecorating: As the centerpiece of the room, it only makes sense that your couch should perfectly match the rest of your home’s décor. If you’re redecorating a room in any way, you should give some thought to picking out a new couch to go with your new look and style. And while you’re at it, you might want to think about picking up some matching armchairs to go with your new sofa!
Don’t settle for a subpar piece the next time you’re in the market for a new couch in Hilo, HI. At Yamada Furniture, we have the largest selection of high-quality sofas, all available for some of the most competitive prices in town. Come see us today!
Categorised in: Sofas
This post was written by Writer