Your mattress is vital to your health and happiness. A good night’s sleep can help you feel refreshed and motivated to take on the day, while sleeping on an old and uncomfortable mattress can leave you lagging and feeling exhausted, even if you do manage to get the full eight recommended hours of sleep. Unfortunately, many people suffer on bad mattresses for years because they don’t realize it’s time for a replacement. Even the best mattress will eventually need to be replaced. While the general recommendation is to visit a mattress store in Hilo, HI every 10 years to replace your mattress due to wear and tear, you might be in the market for a replacement even sooner if you notice any of the following signs:
- Restless sleep: You should wake up feeling rested and recharged each day. Your mattress could be the problem if you get out of bed feeling tired and drowsy. Consistently tossing and turning throughout the night means your body is struggling to find a comfortable sleeping position, which is depriving you of the sleep you need.
- Aches and pains: Do you wake up every morning with a new mystery pain in your back? Investing in a new mattress could solve the problem. Over time, mattresses are no longer able to provide the same support they once did. The top layer will eventually become so matted down that you are practically sleeping on the springs. This results in significant neck, back and shoulder pain. Soreness could also indicate that the mattress is the wrong level of firmness for your body.
- Allergies: Regularly sneezing and coughing as soon as you climb into bed at night are both signs it’s time to visit some mattress stores in Hilo, HI. Your bed attracts household allergens, like dust and pet dander. These contaminants are then released as soon as any pressure is applied to the mattress. Upgrading to a new mattress will get those allergens out of your home so you can breathe easy again. Memory foam and latex mattresses are more resistant to dust mites.
- Lumpy and sagging: “Lumpy” is a word that should never be used to describe a mattress. Sagging occurs as the springs break down and lose resiliency. Eventually, the body will begin to leave impressions within the top layer. The mattress will start to sag more in certain areas, leaving you feeling like you’re sleeping in a hammock rather than on a bed. Any impressions deeper than an inch can cause extreme discomfort and pain.
- Weight change: People who have lost or gained a significant amount of weight recently might want to not only invest in a new wardrobe, but also a new mattress. The mattress won’t be able to offer the same support and comfort as it did previously due to the changes in the body. A mattress topper will suffice if the weight gain is temporary, such as with pregnancy.
A professional mattress specialist at Yamada Furniture can help you find the most comfortable mattress option. Stop by our mattress store in Hilo, HI today to shop our extensive selection of mattresses and other bedroom furniture.
Categorised in: Mattress Store
This post was written by Writer