Whether you own a home or rent an apartment or condo, your décor and furnishings likely reflect some of your personal tastes and preferences. However, if you don’t have an eye for design, you might be overwhelmed at the thought of decorating your spaces. There are so many choices when it comes to décor, accessories and home furniture in Hilo, HI that it can be challenging to know where to begin. The good news is that there are several small steps you can take to greatly maximize the appeal and function of your space with décor and accessories:
- Add window shades and blinds: If you’re fortunate enough to have a wealth of windows in your space that let in beautiful natural light, you can use different curtains and shades to highlight certain textures and areas of the room. Try a bold curtain color that stands out, or use bamboo or fiber blinds that accent your windows.
- Put your green thumb to work: You might already be in the process of planting an outdoor garden for spring, so why not bring some of that natural beauty inside? You can do some research to find out which plants tolerate being indoors. Whether you have a large leafy plant in the corner of your room or simply a couple small succulents sitting on your windowsill, it’s a sure way to bring some life into your room.
- Play with lighting: It’s such a simple change, but adding some more lighting can make a huge difference in your room. Stay away from harsh fluorescents and use lamps, chandeliers and sconces on dimmer switches to create the perfect ambience in your space.
- Incorporate fabrics and textiles: An area rug can significantly change the entire mood of a given space. Choose colors and textiles that will stand out without completely overwhelming the aesthetic of your room. You can also throw a cozy knitted blanket on a chair or couch to add an element of texture and a cozy covering for colder days.
- Get creative with statement pieces and art: Some of the most well appointed spaces feature unique and distinct accessories and artwork. These statement pieces give you the unique opportunity to fill your space with appealing pieces of décor while expressing your distinct style and preferences in your room. Don’t feel rushed to run out and purchase a huge bundle of pieces all at once, though. Instead, collect things over time that you find to be truly enjoyable and appealing.
For nearly 90 years, the team at Yamada Furniture has been providing our customers with the opportunity to transform their homes into the well-decorated spaces they’ve always dreamed of. With a huge variety of accessories, décor items and home furniture in Hilo, HI, we can help you turn your vision for your space into a reality. We are proud of our decades-long reputation for customer service and quality products, and we would be happy to help you find just what you’re looking for. To find out more, give us a call or come see us in person today.
Categorised in: Home Furniture
This post was written by Writer